An Unforgettable Jubilee Weekend Experience
Industrial style is back and we love the way it combines traditional elements with the new and modern. If you're a fan of open-plan, airy spaces that ooze style, we've got everything you need. Here's a ten-point guide to decorating the loft-style living room of your dreams!
Let's start with the basics:
- Urban materials: first off, choose a palette of dark colours with metallic or wooden textures. Concrete, iron, leather and wood are your go-tos, because they're the most-used materials in traditional factory construction.
- Natural colours: white, black, grey, beige and brown are the essential shades. Here's a trick: choose tones that are found in natural elements.
- Open-plan: to nail this style, find a space with high ceilings and few walls.
Add the finishing touch
- Excellent lighting: no floor-to-ceiling loft-style windows? No problem! White walls will help you create a bright, spacious feel. If you still need more, brighten things up with a mirror and some cool, characterful metal lamps. We love the Saviera floor lamp and theSadie ceiling light.
- Zero clutter: for your decoration, choose only unique, timeless items that are personal to you. Be bold and mix things up: industrial style is flexible enough for all kinds of combinations.
- Wooden accessories: for a natural, elegant look you can't go wrong with wood. Pieces like the Palmia shelf unit combine wood and steel to create a must-have piece.
- Architecture on show: furniture with exposed frames has a big role to play, along with a dark colour palette and iron or metallic structures. We think you'll love the Trixie collection.
- Furniture with personality: now you know the materials and colours to look for, it's time to find unique pieces designed to be the centre of attention. Our Tivan stool ticks every box on the 'star item' checklist. Stools are so versatile, too – you definitely need one (or two, or three)!
- A touch of warmth: rugs are essential items. Avoid bright colours and choose neutral tones for total authenticity. You can't go wrong with the Bea or Agne rug.
- Decorative elements: pictures, prints and mirrors are ideal. Play around with textures and pastel shades, or the eternal monochrome, of course. Think about investing in some exclusive design – a wine rack like Edur or Mucia is a great idea.
The living room of any hipster or artist's dreams can now be yours. Don't forget, you can filter all of our industrial-style products to find your key pieces easily.