Five Christmas gift ideas for mums
Weddings are always a good chance to let your hair down but the preparations can leave you wanting to tear it out. Choosing a present is one of the most nerve-wracking problems to solve. But don’t worry, we’ve all been there. In this post, we’ll help you find a gift that’s up to scratch so you can enjoy the occasion in the appropriate fashion. Let’s get the party started!
1. Money, money, money
First of all, it’s important to bear in mind what a big investment a wedding is – venue, catering, flowers, the dress... The list can be endless, so although it might seem a little sterile at first, giving money is always a safe bet to help the happy couple to breathe a sigh of relief. Wedding invitations often including the bank account details for you to pay into and you’ve got time to add a little gift as well later. Get creative!
2. The wedding list – the key to success
If they need any items in particular, the happy couple will probably make a gift list to make your life easier. There you’ll find plenty of gift options to choose from, and if not you could just ask them.
Tableware and soft furnishings have always been popular wedding gifts, but make sure that it’s something that they really need and that you’re not giving it just for the sake of it. Make your gift count!
3. Original wedding gifts
If you’d like to surprise the happy couple and give them something unexpected, you can always chat to their family or close friends to get some ideas to steer you. For couples who love decorating interiors or who have just moved house, furniture and designer homewares are always a good idea. Here a just few examples: Mirrors, pictures, rugs, storage furniture, a bed or a good mattress and much, much more. Visit our website or browse around our stores to find the perfect gift.
4. Experiences and personal gifts
When we look for presents, a physical object usually comes to mind. But we suggest thinking outside the box. At their wedding, the bride and groom receive so many gifts that they can easily forget who gave them what. Want them to remember yours? If you give them an experience, they can treasure it forever. You could invest in a surprise for the hen or stag do, treat them to a photography package or pay for part of their big day or honeymoon. They’ll love it!
If you attend the wedding with your family or group of friends, you could organise a joint present between you all and go for something even more spectacular.
Do bear in mind that if you prepare a surprise for the wedding day, you should let the wedding planner or someone in the wedding party know in advance to make sure that it arrives at the right time or if it’s better to let the couple know beforehand. So much planning goes into that day that keeping everything under control is best for everyone’s nerves.
5. What to give at a wedding?
If you’re still not sure, here’s a list of the key factors to think of when choosing the perfect gift:
- Are you close to the couple? The importance of giving them something personal will depend on how well you know them.
- Are you going to the wedding? On your own, with a partner or with your family? If you’re going to the wedding, it’s important to help them cover the costs of the event, especially if you’re bringing a plus one.
- Did the bride and groom request cash? If so, we recommend doing as they wish, and if you still want to give them something, ask them what they need most.
- Is there a wedding list? It couldn’t be easier!
- If you want to surprise them, do you have contact details for their family or friends so you can give them the perfect thing? We recommend staying on the safe side – they’ll definitely thank you for it.
Weddings are a major milestone and if you’re reading this, it’s because you want to give someone another good reason to remember it. We’re delighted to help out! If you live near a Kave Home store, come and see us and we’ll help you find the right solution. Need more inspiration?Keep reading our blog for more ideas and tips.